Saturday, October 1, 2011

New Orleans=Not Crochet Friendly

It's been a while since my last update.  I've moved from a chilly northern Dallas to the tropical south of New Orleans.  Okay, so it's not so much further south, but for some reason I can't fathom wearing scarfs and other beloved crochet-friendly projects except for maybe 15 days out of the year.  So, I'm looking for heat-friendlier patterns. 

My first project in this mission will be Vashti Braha's Aero Tunisian Filet Lace Wrap (for non-Ravelers, you can also find it here).  I have a general fear of wraps - I'm not trying to look like a grandma before my time.  Heck, I already act like one with the crochet and gardening.  But, I think this one will be nice, and I just niftily happen to have some Handmaiden Sea Silk in a gorgeous earthy/ocean tone:
IMG_5671

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...