Sunday, December 12, 2010

Picot Tutorial

Since several of my patterns use picot stitches, I thought I would post my method for making picot stitches, which you can use for all of my patterns (some use different top chain lengths though).

Step 1:  The first step is to make a sc in the stitch indicated.
Step 2:  Next, ch 3 (photo shows a ch-4 but most patterns use only a ch-3). 
Step 3:  Attach to the sc just made by inserting hook in both the front loop and the left post of the sc.  See dotted lines in Step 2 photo as well as below.

Step 4:  Complete the sl st by yarning over and pulling a loop through all three loops on hook.
Post-picot:  Continue with next stitch indicated in pattern.


Happy Picoting!

1 comment:

  1. Great tutorial. I love This stitch but always have trouble explaining it. Thank-you,
    Sara Posh Pooch Designs
    http://poshpoochdesignsdogclothes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...